January 3, 2012

Life Magazine September 1947

When Miss Moll Doll was home for Christmas we took off for an afternoon and did one of our favorite things (Raindrops on Roses), went thrift store/antiquing. I live in an area that is absolutely loaded with antique stores of all kinds and for many years we have spent fun time together perusing the local stores. Miss Moll Doll has a real eye and has done most all of her decorating and clothes shopping from thrift stores. She lives in Maine and there is a plethora of places to go there as well.

Our favorite place, Miss Moll Doll calls it the "nun's store" because it is run by volunteers from the Catholic Church, was closed. So we moved on to Plan B and found some new spots. It was a few days after Christmas and with the idea of simplifying on my mind, I knew I did not really want to bring anything home, and that hubby would not be happy if I did.

But when I saw this magazine for $2 I thought I could easily smuggle it into the house and enjoy the heck out of it. 
DSCF0007

DSCF0069

It seems this new look was not loved at first!

DSCF0018
DSCF0021

DSCF0022

DSCF0020

I will show you the fashions which caused such furor.

Be well!

1 comment:

  1. I'm coveting Miss September 22, 1947 Life cover girl's necklace! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails